Ice melters are a convenient and effective way to remove snow and ice from driveways, sidewalks and other areas around your home. They work by lowering the freezing point of water, causing ice and snow to melt quickly and easily. Here are a few tips for using ice melters at home:
1. Read the instruction manual before applying and spread the ice melter evenly as too much or too little can be less effective.
2. Make sure to wash your hands after applying ice melters.
3. Keep them away from your eyes.
4. Make sure to shovel before you apply ice melter.
Using ice melters is a great way to make your home safer and more accessible during the winter months. Just be sure to apply it correctly and follow all health and safety guidelines.
Storing Ice Melt at Home
Storing ice melters at home is an important step in ensuring that they are ready to use when you need them. Here are a few tips for storing ice melters at home:
1. Keep them dry: Ice melters should be stored in a dry place, away from moisture. If the salt becomes wet, they may become less effective.
2. Use airtight containers: To keep moisture out, store the ice melters in an airtight container. Airtight containers can also help to keep the salt fresh, so they are ready to use when you need them. Choose an airtight Less Mess pail or jug of ice metler so you can store it in its original container and reduce waste.
3. Store them in a cool place: Ice melters should be stored in a cool place, such as a garage or shed. Avoid storing them in a place that gets too hot as high temperatures can cause the salt to lose its effectiveness.
4. Label them properly: You can label the airtight containers. This will help you know when you bought the ice melter and how long it has been stored for.